Friday, December 17, 2010

This is going to take some getting used to

It's actually been kind of chilly here the past few days. I'm a wuss when it comes to being cold, so it being a little drizzly and in the 50's feels cold to me. Until I realized that it's the middle of December, the rosebushes in my back yard are in full bloom, and the neighbor's tree keeps dropping limes in my yard. Meanwhile, back in Colorado, its been snowing off and on the past few days. I'm going to be in for quite the shock here in a few days when I get back to Colorado.

Speaking of quite the shock... I got my grades back from most of my tests last week. That first multiple choice test that I felt pretty good about? Apparently I suck, and I barely passed it. When I went through the test, and looked at my answers, in every single case where I had to guess on a question, I narrowed it down to 2 choices, then promptly picked the wrong one. I plan on doing quite a bit of self-reflection over break, because even though people joke about "Cs get Degrees," I am not happy getting low marks on something that really matters. I'm not sure exactly what, but something's got to change. I know what the problem is, the problem is that I'm used to being able to coast through everything, and I have zero study skills, but I can't get away with that anymore. I need to come up with a viable plan for studying, and stick to it, since I don't want to just be an ok doctor, I want to be a great doctor. If you've got any suggestions, please, post in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment