Monday, May 12, 2014

I don't have a clever title for this post.

Anyway, I just spent 2 weeks in Stockholm with my mom, my sister, and my best friend, as a pre-graduation present to myself.  Stockholm is wonderful, and everybody there is so gorgeous.  Seriously, Sweden has very few ugly people.  The buildings were gorgeous, and the geography was gorgeous.  I was pretty bummed out when it was time to leave.

When we were there, we got this thing called the "Stockholm Card," which gave us free admission to a shitload of museums, a free boat trip, and unlimited public transportation.  We definitely got our money's worth from museum admission alone.  There were a couple museums that were duds (for instance, the Nordiska Museet had an entire exhibit on things with stripes, and we didn't even go near the ABBA museum), but for the most part, things were great.

One of the shockers was the way the zoos and aquariums we went to were.  I feel like they had animals that were "reachable" by the general public, which wouldn't ever work with stupid Americans who would find a way to get hurt.  Theoretically, you could stick your hand into some of the fish tanks, and at the aquarium at the Skansen museet, there were two exhibits that blew me away.  The first was the lemur cage - which we WALKED THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF.  No barriers between us and the lemurs.  None.  Then, there was a primate exhibit that we walked through as well, but never saw any monkeys in there, but there was a nile monitor on the ground.  Once again, no barriers.  It was fantastic.

Now I'm back in the States, and just flew my ass to California for graduation.  3 more days!  It's been over 4 years since I started this blog, and I'm finally graduating!

Anyway, here's some random pictures from Sweden.















No comments:

Post a Comment