Thursday, February 11, 2010

It begins

After days of stalking the mailman, the letter finally came. A large, yellow envelope with "K-State" on the return address. I'm in!!!!!

I won't hear back from Western for another month or so, and should hear back from Wisconsin in a week or two.

I'll just flat out say it. I'm not as excited as I should be. When I interviewed at Kansas, it was like 3 below zero, the town was disappointing, I missed the tour of the school, and I just didn't like it there. The thought of having to live there for 4 years is a bit of a downer.

When I interviewed at Western U, I had the opposite reaction. I fell in love with the school, and the area around it. When I was reading online, I was warned about how terrible Pomona was, but after driving around in it, it didn't seem bad. I was expecting something like the bad part of Denver, or Oakland or something, but it seemed fine. It was snowing at home when I left for the interview, and I got there, and it was pouring rain and 60 degrees. It was beautiful. Everything was so green! At the interview, all of the students and faculty were so enthusiastic, and I thought that their problem-based-learning curriculum would be an amazing fit for me.

So, I get to wait a month to hear back from them. I think I'll be pretty crushed if I don't get it, but even if I don't, I've already gotten into one other school. The important thing is, in four years, I'm going to be a veterinarian!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment