Monday, February 8, 2010

Starting in the middle

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I thought I would start a blog about getting through vet school. Why is that overly optimistic? I haven't been accepted anywhere yet.

I applied to 7 schools back in October. I was rejected pretty quickly from CSU, my in-state school, OSU, WSU, and I've never heard back from Penn one way or another, even though I'm pretty sure they've sent out all of their interview invitations, and I've got a snowball's chance in hell there.

That leaves me with the three possibilities that haven't blown me off - KSU, Western U and UW-Madison. I've interviewed at the first two, and UW-Madison doesn't interview students. Now I'm just stuck in limbo, waiting to hear from these three, hoping that one of them finds me suitable for their school.

Of the two schools I've interviewed at, I loved one, and the area its located in, and was impressed with the other, and hated the area its in. I'm almost afraid if I say which was which, I'll jinx myself and end up at the one I hated.

I'll start this blog off optimistically, three possibilities, and hope that future blog entries are about my journey to a new area, and through 4 years of vet school. Hopefully I won't have to write about re-applying next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment