Saturday, June 8, 2013

What a week!

I just finished my first week of 4th year.  Right now I'm taking Dr. J's radiology, which I am so lucky that he was willing to do for our class before he retires.  He was one of my favorite professors in the first 2 years of school, and he's really making all of this imaging come together and make sense.  I think I've learned more useful information in the past week than I did in all of 3rd year.

In the meantime, I dropped Izzy and Billy off at Banfield.  Izzy blocked, and passed a stone while I was in Washington, and I wanted to see if using the stone dissolution diet was working.  Umm.. it doesn't appear to be, but she hasn't blocked again, so I guess I'll keep her on it.  Billy, my most favorite kitty in the whole world had dropped an alarming amount of weight over the past 2-3 weeks, despite eating everything, and starting the bad habit of trying to steal food from me as I'm putting it in my mouth.  A t4 confirmed that he's hyperthyroid, and will have to be on daily medication for the rest of his life, or until I can afford to have his thyroid treated with radiation.  I'm just glad he's taken care of, and hopefully he'll start putting on weight again soon.

I had applied for a really perfect looking house back in Colorado, and got a call from the property management company saying they wouldn't even look at my application because I had too many pets.  Now I'm moving in 3 weeks, with no house to move to, and I'm starting to freak out.  I need a home!


No comments:

Post a Comment