Sunday, July 17, 2011

I guess this officially makes me a Californian.

I've been thinking for the past few days about what I want to write about next.  I've got a couple things planned, but nothing really worth writing about, or zany adventures have popped up until tonight. 
Because tonight, I was in a drive by. 

Earlier tonight, one of Tyler's coworkers from Guitar Center invited us to a party in Rialto she and her boyfriend were going to.  We went, and ended up hanging out until about 4:30 in the morning, playing pool and chatting.  A bunch of us went to leave, and me, Tyler, his coworker and her boyfriend all stood in the street by our cars chatting for about 20 minutes.  We were in what seemed like a quiet neighborhood, on a dead silent side street, about 5 houses down from a slightly bigger main street.  As we were talking, a car sped down the cross-street, squealing it's tires.  We all stopped and looked in that direction, stopped talking for a couple seconds, and took that as our cue to head out for the night.  Right as I was opening the door to my car, a second car drove by, and I heard a loud BLAM!  I ducked between my door and my car, and immediately felt silly and started to stand back up when BLAM! BLAM! and we heard the second car speed off.  I heard Tyler's co-worker's boyfried ask if we were ok, and after hearing that nobody was hurt, we all got the fuck out of there as quickly as possible. 

Tyler was standing in the middle of the street when it happened, so he had the best view.  He said he saw two muzzle flashes from the driver's-side window.  As we were driving home, his coworker texted him, and said she and her boyfriend had talked about it, and there was nothing on the street to shoot at, so she's convinced that we were the targets.  Some asshole decided to shoot at a group of random strangers for shits and giggles.  At least they had shitty aim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment