Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just got back from the emergency vet

One of my classmates calls it the "vet school curse."  It seems like the normal population can have their pets go for years without illness or accident, but vet students seem to get the sick pets or the accident prone ones.  Today was an accident prone kind of day.

I let Skwisgaar outside, and let him in a couple minutes later.  He sat down next to me on the couch, and started licking his leg.  I looked over to tell him to stop licking, and HOLY CRAP, I CAN SEE MUSCLE! I don't know what he caught his leg on, but it made a nice little deep hole in his thigh that needed to be stapled shut.  Poor guy has a frankenstein butt with a little square shaved into it now.

When we were at the e-clinic, they weighed him, and the number on the scale was a bit higher than I thought.  My dog that should ideally be about 75 pounds is instead 94.  I was already telling Tyler on the drive home, how I need to get my ass in gear and lose some weight with my poor chubby puppy.  When I got home, I checked my email to find that one of the pet food reps is doing their yearly dog weight loss contest.  Perfect! So hopefully over the next few months, I can get myself and Skwisgaar to be a little less squishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment