Thursday, October 11, 2012

Four exams down, one to go.

I've been lost in the fog that is exam week.  Livestock (meat and fiber,) Livestock (dairy) and Equine I and II tests have all been taken.  I was the most freaked out for the equine tests beforehand, but those tests seemed really reasonable.  Now I'm freaked out about both the livestock tests, because I felt like I did a hell of a lot of guessing on multiple choice exams that covered things in way more detail than I read about.  On the plus side, every single person I talked to feels that way, so at least it's not just me.

I have one (ok, two, but I'm counting them together) more exam tomorrow - a clinical skills exam for both livestock and horses.  I'm not really sure what to expect will be on it.  Not really sure how to prepare for it.  There's a good chance that I will be tested on things that I haven't physically done before, but have only read about.  Eek!

After my equine exam, I stopped by Dr. Diniz's office today to transfer Skwissgaar's ECG readings to a flash drive, and he's convinced that there's zero evidence of cardiac pathology in my pup aside from a decreased fractional index.  A 48 hour ECG, and no evidence of ventricular premature complexes, just a couple slightly weird, probably physiological Mobitz type 1 AV blocks.  I can only imagine how long it took to go through 48 hours of ECG tracings, even with a computer's help, and I'm so grateful that he has been so great to me and my puppy.  We're really lucky here to have so many amazing faculty members.

No comments:

Post a Comment