Monday, October 22, 2012

I almost made it through the semester without a trip to the emergency vet

I swear, there's a vet school curse.  For the past 5 semesters, each semester there has been one emergency.  This one was luckily minor.  Skwissgaar and Izmere were playing, Skwissgaar got a little too hyper, and Izzy got crabby and bit him in the face.  Now he's missing about a square centimeter of skin right below his eye.  My poor pup.  The past month he's spent 2 days at Banfield for a cardiac workup.  He managed to skin his nose while he was there, and picked up kennel cough.  Now this.

I'm currently getting spoiled in class.  I'm taking population health and production, and it's basically just practice working epidemiology problems.  I'm spoiled because we're only in class from 8:30 to noon.  That will change next week when we begin our next course, but it's a nice break from being at the equine hospital from 7:30 to 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment