Monday, March 14, 2011

Not a fan of Daylight Saving Time

I'm already not a morning person. I'm not happy about feeling like I have to wake up a hour earlier for the next few weeks until I adjust.

However, I am happy about this weekend. One of my classmates and I ventured into LA to go the the LA natural history museum. It ended up being way smaller than we planned on, so we also went to the La Brea tar pits and the museum there for awhile. At both places, we had fun pointing to random fossils and quizzing each other on the bones, or the pathology apparent in the bones. I guess it's common to find saber toothed tiger skeletons with a lot of spinal injuries and ankylosis. I thought this wall was cool. There were 3 or 4 of these display cases behind me that had to be about 20 feet x 20 feet full of nothing but Dire Wolf skulls (1st picture sucks 'cause it was taken on my phone. 2nd picture was ripped from google images).


Anyway, this week's case centers on a boxer with a history of a mast cell tumor that now has swollen lymph nodes. I was thinking it was going to be an ear case (keeping with the "special senses theme), so I was pleasantly suprised.
One more thing from this weekend. I hurt so bad. My roommate does P90X, and Tyler and I started doing it with him. I'm sure in the long run it will pay off, but for now, ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment