Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A game I play sometimes

Sometimes when it's slow, or when I'm sitting in class listening to various classmates talk, I play a game in my head.  Basically, I look around the class, and think about if I were to own a clinic - who in my class would I hire in a heartbeat, who I could tolerate, and who would I immediately turn down? My "in a heartbeat" list covers about 20 classmates, the "maybe" list adds another 25 or so, and the "no chance in hell list" comprises the other 50. The "no chance in hell" list is so long, since there are so many good reasons to put people on it.  Either they're slow to piece information into something usable, they're callous, or would just be irritating to have to work with every day.

I mentioned this game to another classmate, who confessed to me that she and her roommate play a similar game.  Their version is "if my pet were sick/injured, who would I let treat them."  Not surprisingly, there is a huge amount of overlap between her list and mine.

It'll be interesting to see how the list changes during 3rd year rotations, and actually seeing how classmates adapt from classroom stuff to more hands-on practice.

And yes, I know that makes me a judgmental bitch. It happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment