Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You know what I'm not going to miss about being in class?

Formaldehyde.  We were looking at some horse lungs in class today, that were particularly pungent.  I kept leaning over them to look at different structures, so I got quite a mouthful of fumes.  I can still taste the formaldehyde.  At least when I worked as an embalmer, we used a lower index arterial fluid, and I'm pretty sure it was scented - it smelled like Sprite Remix tasted.

Here's something that's absolutely disgusting that nobody wants to know about - I kept forgetting to bring my lab coat home from anatomy lab to wash it, so around December, I just brought another one to school.  I keep bumping the sleeves into specimens, and they're both absolutely disgusting, but I keep forgetting to wash them. So now, I'm looking forward to the end of the year, when I'm going to burn them.  Because they're that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment