Thursday, December 15, 2011

Because I'm broke and easily amused

Every month, we get a free bag of Purina food delivered to our house.  It's basically Purina's way of saying "I hope this free stuff will make you feel obligated towards our company, so once you graduate you'll recommend or prescribe our products."  Getting their food in the mail is my way of saying "This isn't going to work on me, but I have no problem jacking up your advertising budget."  It's sort of a parasitic (on both our halves) symbiosis.  Just like every other month, Purina sent me food this month. But I'll be they didn't know that this month, they also sent me a christmas tree.

Falling for that sort of advertising makes me feel like a corporate tool.  But here's a recommendation I can totally get behind, and recommend 100%.  Purina Shipping boxes make amazing ghetto trees.


Since technically dog food doesn't require a prescription, even though the food companies market their diets as "prescription only," I'm going to assume the same applies to the boxes it comes in.  So here's the official recommendation I'll make in 2 1/2 years, once I have prescriptive authority.


See, their practice of sending free products to students will totally pay off!  


P.S.  I'm going to spray paint and decorate the tree tomorrow.  I don't want my xmas tree to be that ghetto.  

No comments:

Post a Comment