Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This is the best way to start the year ever!

I'm only 2 days into my Nebraska rotation, and it's absolutely fantastic.  

Day 1: Classroom instruction, and get to do a necropsy all by myself.  Watched the Perseid meteor shower.  Find a cute little toad hopping around the grass.  

Day 2: Wake up early, throw on coveralls. Drive to a small cattle facility on the Great Plains Veterinary Educational Center grounds.  Do physical exam on heifers, get to draw blood, auscultate, and do a rectal palpation.  From there, get to drive around visiting other sick cattle, including a sick baby calf that went around sucking everybody's thumbs, and watched classmates deliver a calf in a breech birth.  Get back to the dorms, than go wander down lonely country roads, and not encounter anything for miles. 

It's been fantastic, even though it has been such a short amount of time.  I'm missing Tyler and my critters like crazy, but I'll have to get used to it, since I have quite a few rotations away from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment